In July of 1941, Don E. Stone of Middletown, Ohio, purchased the funeral business and the residence of George Fawcett, Chesterhill, Ohio. His family included his wife, Mary, and his three year old daughter, Deborah Ann. Although he was a perfect stranger, Don soon won the confidence and respect of the people.
In 1944 a second daughter, Susan Elizabeth was born to the Stones. In this same year Don purchased the former Jesse Wood home and grocery store building. After remodeling the grocery store rooms, he opened and operated a furniture store. He then remodeled the residential part of the building into two rental apartments.
In 1946, he remodeled that part of the building again so that it could be used as a Funeral Home. At this time he moved the funeral business from his residence to its present location. Mary attended school in Pittsburgh, Pa., served her apprenticeship, and received her funeral directors license in 1964.